Lecture 10 - Test Execution: Regression Testing -> Quick Intro -> How to Choose Test Suites for Regression Testing
Regression testing (RT) is the second part of Test execution. The gist of RT is checking whether any changes made in the software for a new release have broken any features that existed prior to those changes.
– We have 5 test suites for NFT and 21 test suites for RT
– There is no way that we can execute all of the 21 test suites within the time frame given for RT.
This situation brings up two questions:
1. How can we choose several test suites out of those 21 to do proper RT?
2. What is the solution for RT in the long run? We’ll have 26 test suites for RT for the next release, and so on. Think about the snowball effect.
Thus, we have two topics here:
1. How to choose test suites for RT
2. How to resolve the contradiction between limited resources (people and time) for RT and the ever-growing number of test suites Next ->